CyberStrategies, Inc. Subpoena Policy
Effective November 15, 2011
- Policies Regarding E-mail:
- As a general rule, Cyberstrategies, Inc. does not routinely retain copies of emails, our servers only log the traffic.
- Certain customers may have e-mail boxes on our server, but the contents are not normally backed up.
- Except in very limited cases, sent or deleted email will be unavailable
- Civil Subpoena:
- Upon the receipt of a valid civil subpoena, we will promptly notify the customer whose information is sought via e-mail or U.S. mail. Except in an emergency, CyberStrategies will not immediately produce the customer information sought by the subpoena and will provide the customer an opportunity to move to quash the subpoena in court. We reserves the right to charge an administration fee (see below).
- CyberStrategies, Inc. will not produce the content of e-mail, as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §2701 et seq., prohibits an electronic communications service provider from producing the contents of electronic communications, even pursuant to subpoena or court order, except in limited circumstances.
- Fees for Subpoena Compliance: CyberStrategies, Inc will charge the person or entity submitting the civil subpoena for costs associated with subpoena compliance. To this end we will need complete billing information along with the Subpoena and will invoice on a time and materials effort (see our Service Agreement for the current rates). A additional $25 processing fee will be added to cover administrative overhead beyond the actual time spent. We will include a time sheet along with the invoice detailing the time spent. CyberStrategies, Inc. reserves the right to pass through any costs for legal representation needed to evaluate the validity of any subpoenas.
- Criminal Subpoena:
- If you seek the identity or account information of a CyberStrategies, Inc. customer in connection with a criminal matter, and you are a member of the law enforcement community, you must fax, mail, or serve CyberStrategies, Inc. with a valid subpoena.
- We recommend you contact us at 909-920-9154 ext 201 for the best method of delivering the subpoena.